Friday, May 26, 2017

"Words & Paintery" May Challenge, Shabby Steampunk Shack



Hi all,
Time for a new challenge over at Words & Paintery! You can find it HERE
Check out the nice 'n rusty moodboard, the designteam's interpretations and play along!
You have until June 15.


So, I started out with this cute, little, crooked house.


My assistant and I started rusting a bunch of things: some diecut pipes I made with my Bigshot, using my latest Tim Holtz pipes die and cardboard. A gear-clockwork thingy, loose gears. I wasn't sure what I wanted to use, so we just rusted some items, using mostly my Viva Decor Rust paste.


I gave the house a coat of greenish acrylic paint, then a coat of crackle medium,
then another coat of blue acrylic paint. I sanded it a bit, too.

 Once the Rust Paste was dry, I dropped some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Brass onto some parts and rubbed some Inka Gold - Turquoise onto other parts.

I added the pipes and gears where I liked them and glued everything in place. I sprinkled some Infusions - Sleight Blue on my project and sprayed water to activate it. The black soot gave it an even more realistic distressed feel.
Using gel medium, I added micro beads in gold an black on my project here and there.
I sprinkled and dropped some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Verdrigris onto my project too, for a finishing touch. It's a wonderful copper color with turquoise.

I wrapped some wire around the upper pipe and lower tap,
and strung some teardrop shaped beads in the wire.

The text 'Memory Lane' is from a 7Dots sheet.


To the backside of the window, I stapled some chicken wire and rusted it a bit.







 I hope my take will have inspired you to create something too!
You can find me on Facebook too: Less is Bore
And Instagram: mandylessisbore

HAPPY SCRAPPING!

3 comments:

sarascloset said...

This contraption is sooooo cool! I really love the water drops! Great rusting--need to get some of that product. Would save lots of time making this rusty like I have been doing! Such a clever design! thank you for sharing your close up photos!

Mandy: Less is Bore! said...

Thank you so much Sara! I do own the other rust Paste too, the finnabair set, but this stuff Works great too. And the jar is bigger haha.
The rest was simply a lot of puzzling with pipe pieces ;)

Julia said...

Do you want to own a business of your own? Or own a house of your choice?
Pedro Jerome loan offer 2% rate with a flexible loan repayment to suit individual and entitle loans internationally, My loan was granted with a click of an eye when I applied for $800,000.00 for expanding my clothing business, so I will advise anyone here looking for a financial help to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com.