Thursday, September 15, 2016

Fall Dreamcatcher 'Words & Paintery' September challenge


Hi everybody!
Back to show you my third project as a 'Words & Paintery' designteam member already, 
can you believe it?
You can find the current #challenge here: 
You have until October 15 to play along with us!


At first the pink part of the moodboard had me worried... 
But it blended in beautifully with the fall-themed brown and orange! 
The quote screamed 'FALL' to me. And I had the perfect picture to add to it... My pouting little boy, who refused to pose and smile for me last year during Fall. (My gosh, this picture is almost a year old?!) Suddenly the quote becomes a little sarcastic ;)

I wanted to do this project #dreamcatcher style and decided to use this embroidery hoop of 8 inches broad. Though instead of the normal dreamcatcher 'webbing' I made a #spiderweb instead. Seemed more befitting to the theme and season! I used hemp cord to do it. (If you don't quite remember the technique from kindergarten anymore, #Google is your friend!)


 

Since I seem to use various sorts of #rust paste on all my projects lately, this one was no exception. Viva Decor's #Rustypaper was applied to this one and allowed to dry. Once dry, I applied some #Prima #Finnabair #rustpaste as well, in the orange color. I sort of wanted to mimic wood and didn't want to use branches, and wrapping ribbon around the hoop didn't tickle my fancy either.


 Next step: adding ribbon and wool to the lower half of the hoop. I used some #burlap ribbon, some blended wool and later on I added some #seambinding ribbon in the exact shade of pink of the color scheme. Sadly I neglected to take pictures of the spraying of the seambinding ribbon with #TatteredAngels #glimmermist in the colors 'Peach Delight' and 'Rusty Red'. Drying this with your heatgun while you have crumpled it will give you permanent creases. 
Just beware not to melt the ribbon...



Then came the time to adhere leaves, both fabric and wood, 
and later on some acorns, to the ribbons. 
I attached them with my glue gun.


Time to embellish the center of the dreamcatcher. 
I matted the picture onto a piece of burlap of which I frayed and inked the edges. 
I lay the picture down onto two slices of wood and some more leaves. Added some acorns, a little wood fox, mushrooms, berries and metal leaves.
When everything was in place I splattered my project with white #gesso,
 blended with glimmermist 'Walnut Gold'.
The word 'Fall' is a #Scrapiniec #chipboard of which I cut off the '#'. 
Painted it with glimmermist #chalkboard 'Baby Pink', 
then added some #glimmerglam 'Golden Godess' with a brush. 
After that I added some one step #crackle medium.




On the picture below you can see some of the seambinding ribbon on the left. Love its texture after crumpling, and the way the colors blend. Or are more like spots. Gives it a vintage feel!








Well, I hope my take on the moodboard inspired you to participate as well! Remember, you have until October 15 to play along!
Comments and questions are always welcome!

Come find me on Facebook too: lessisbore
And Instagram: mandylessisbore

Happy Scrapping!


3 comments:

Laneen's Creations said...

Dear siss! What a great dream catcher project! I gives me a warm feeling like autumn does! Love the way you put it all together and the way how you used the embellishments

Mandy said...

Thanx sweet sis. I loved putting it together. Unmistakeably autumn.

Unknown said...

Awesome project! Love all of it! Thanks for great inspiration! Hugs Helga <3