Monday, November 9, 2015

Mixed media layout "No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you..."

Hiya fans :P

Had the chance to scrap another layout this weekend. And this one is sooo sweet, it'll hurt your teeth... 
Ready? Set... Go!


Here's a close-up so you can see the quote I used. "No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like on the inside."
I typed that myself on an old typewriter. Mounted the quote onto a wooden frame, which I coloured purple with Inka Gold. Then I covered both frame and text with one step crackle medium. (Way thicker on the frame ofcourse, I needed my quote to remain visible! So I brushed that area thinly.) Patience is the key here, do not try to speed the crackle process up with your heatgun, because you'll end up with broken bubbles.
So, once dry I inked it with some aqua ink.


You also see part of the angel's wing I stenciled. I used glass bead texture gel mixed with a pearl medium. The tiny butterflies are mirrors, which I gave a layer of pearl alcohol inkt first, and afterwards I covered them with glass beads texture gel.

The blue heart you see peeking out from underneath it all was also a mirror. I gave that a coat of the same mixture I used to stencil my big damask swirl with. A blend of crackle paste and an aqua blue Dylusion spray ink/mist. In my opinion the paste didn't crackle as much as I hoped for. But the stencil was hard to handle because it was so big and I didn't want to risk smearing too much in unwanted places, so.


I used modelling paste to stencil the text on the top left and bottom right. Afterwards I sprayed and inked those parts, as well as the rest of the page lightly here and there, with lilac and blue. 
Almost forgot to mention that I practically distress every page I do, by tearing up the edges and sides with a
 special tool. I ink the sides too.

The flower wreath is a piece meant for home decor. I bent it into a heart shape and added blue flowers to the existing pink ones.

I suppose that's all there really is to it! Let me know if you want to learn more. Comments are always very welcome.

Happy scrapping! 

No comments: