Saturday, November 7, 2015

"Butterfly Kisses" Mixed Media layout

Hey all,

As promised im back to show you my latest layout. It's called "Butterfly Kisses". On the picture my boy Connor is 3 weeks old and being kissed by his nephew.





I didn't take step by step pictures because I didn't have my phone with me. Also, it's a good thing I didn't because my initial idea went horribly wrong. 
The paper is by 7Dots, Nature Walk. For some time already I had sought out the backside of this particular paper to scrap with this picture. The backside was black with a sandy coloured swirl. Very pretty. I wanted to use the Prima Finnabair doilie stencil with black gesso to begin with. 
So I tried. Upon removing the stencil I had one big, black blob :'( I decided to smear out the black gesso but that was horrendous. So I decided to flip the paper over and work from there. Strange enough it all came together rather quickly after this debacle! 

I glued some strips of old sheet music to the paper with gel medium and dried them. Afterwards I  wiped some white gesso over them because they were too yellow.
I stenciled my doilie with black PAINT instead of GESSO :P
I stamped the border swirls and parts of a text stamp with black ink. 
Tried out my glass beads texture gel and crackle paint and crackle paste on the wooden chalk tags. And later on almost every other surface ;)

Layered the picture on a piece of blue patterned paper and some cardstock. Added the blue denim rose ribbon, which I coloured partially with black mist. 


I guess that's about it! The picture above shows some of the materials I've used. If you have any questions or comments, please dont hesitate to leave me a reply.

Happy scrapping!


No comments: