Wednesday, October 21, 2015

"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly" & "The need 4 speed."

 Hey everybody,

Had some extra time on my hands because both my husband and I have a week off.
During our holiday in England we visited Hastings, and in its town centre there was a beautiful, vintage Merry-go-round. Connor picked the motorcycle to ride on, ofcourse. His face showed us all we needed to know: he was thoroughly enjoying himself, feeling like he was riding on a real motorcycle.

The Scrapberry's paperline 'Vintage circus' was the embodiment of the paper I dreamt up in my head!!!
However, once I was scrapping, I had a very difficult time because the paper was already so busy. And I just didn't know what to add.
I like the first layout I did better than the one after. But I wasn't in the mood to invest in them in anymore so I didn't give it all. A shame about the pictures but my mojo was lost...


I sprayed a chipboard hearts-square background blue and cut it in a few pieces.
I wrote the quote on a journaling note, inked and colored some of the fussy cut buts from the papers and gave them a coat of crackle glaze.
All I could think of to do with the background was stamp a few black diamond shaped bits.


I chose to add golden accents to the next page. The background was a bit easier to work on, but still didn't speak to me the way it should have.  


I fussy cut some borders from the other papers on the series and gave a chipboard swirl border a golden crackle paint coat. Instead of the word 'for' I used a '4' and attached it to a gear I altered first. 
The merry go round horse was from a children's hobby project which was decaying anyway. Gave it a coat of crackle medium for authenticity. 


Can't think of anything more to tell you about these layouts, but if you have questions don't be shy. I was glad they were done in the end hahaha.

Happy scrapping!

No comments: